Orginally from Victoria, BC Canada we were married on April 8, 2006 and then drifted of into the sunset to start our new life in Brisbane, Australia.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Road Trip - Coffs Harbour
Todd and I were so lucky to have had a week off between Christmas and New Years so we decided to take a road trip to Sydney for New Years Eve. But first, a couple stops along the way....
On the first day of our trip we drove down to a little beach town half way between Brisbane and Sydney called CoffsHarbour. We spent a couple days here exploring the surrounding area. Unfortunately the weather wasn't beach worthy, but it gave us a chance to enjoy other activities. We stayed in a little motel directly across the beach and went for some really great walks along the beach. At the end of the beach we discovered a little town fair. We didn't go on any rides, but did try our luck at a couple games, unfortunately we didn't win anything.
Barely tall enough to get on the ride!
CoffsHarbour Day 2 - Our second day we took a sceneic drive along Waterfall Way to the Rainforest. Here we are at the lookout point over the valley. The photos of the view just don't do it justice so I thought you might appreciate a view of us :)
Photo taken from behind one of the many waterfalls.
After our walk around the rainforest we went to the Big Banana. This is the biggest banana in Australia. One day if we get really adventurous, maybe we'll visit all the biggest fruit in Australia. There was map of all the biggest things around Australia and coincidentally we drove past the biggest prawn on our way back to Brisbane. Unfortunately we were too tired to take a photo.
holy crap, two posts in a single year!! Good start you two! Looks fun, send me some bananas. So weird that its warm there and cold here, I know I know it's australia and all that crap but the seasons will never cease to confuse me.
I noticed that you used the word 'beach' 4 times in the first part of the post Wee! Is that to rub it in that we in fact have few beaches, that we have snow on our beaches, or that we have no beaches at all! Nice pics of the beach though. I can't believe how long your hair is! Looks great. Did you go on that awful scary looking ride? I have still not called your Mama! I have a mind like swiss cheese! Love you both... mama
3 comments:
holy crap, two posts in a single year!! Good start you two! Looks fun, send me some bananas. So weird that its warm there and cold here, I know I know it's australia and all that crap but the seasons will never cease to confuse me.
I noticed that you used the word 'beach' 4 times in the first part of the post Wee! Is that to rub it in that we in fact have few beaches, that we have snow on our beaches, or that we have no beaches at all!
Nice pics of the beach though.
I can't believe how long your hair is! Looks great. Did you go on that awful scary looking ride?
I have still not called your Mama! I have a mind like swiss cheese!
Love you both...
mama
great post! good to see what you kids are up to, looks like fun fun...keep on blogging! thank you for the chrismas card, it was lovely!!
XX Jac
Post a Comment