Sunday, July 16, 2006

Australia Zoo






Here are some pictures we took from the Australia Zoo (Steve Irwin, the crocodile hunter's zoo). I'm not really much of one for zoos, but this was actually a really good one, probably the best zoo of the few that I have been to. The animals were all very well taken care of and seemed to be happy and healthy. They have wide open spaces where some of the animals run around freely and visitors and feed (they have special food for the kangaroos) and pet them. The turtle in the picture was the world's oldest turtle, Harriet. Unfortunately she just passed away recently, but we were lucky enough to have seen her. She was 176 when she died. We also got to pet koalas and feed elephants. I couldn't figure out how to turn around the photo where Todd is petting the koala. Well there is a brief glance at some of the animals here in Australia.

2 comments:

gummaluvvy said...

hey you guys have one of the last pics of the tortoise before she died! What an amazing zoo. I can hardly wait to see it for myself.
Love ya
MamaEv

Clan Mussellam said...

jeez Tig what did you feed the turtle? hahah love the pics and love you two!

xo
v