My wonderful, fantastical husband bought me a brand new shiny custom designed surf board for Christmas this year. I waited patiently for a month before it was finished, but it was worth it :) So here it is.....

I picked it up last weekend, unfortunately due to our crappy summer weather this year, was not able to try it out. I did however get to go out for the first time yesterday. We went to the Gold Coast for the day, to Mermaid Beach (what a suitable beach to go to with me new mermaid board), met up with Todd's friend Lindsey, they rented a couple boards and off we went.

Here's Lindsey and I getting our boards ready to go out into the water. Lindsey and Todd seemed to do pretty well at getting onto the waves, but I on the other hand struggled to even lay on top of my board in the beginning. It is smaller and tippier than the previous ones that I had used before. So my first time out yesterday was just to get used to the feel of my new board. The second time I went out, I was able to maneuver the board much better. I paddled all the way out to the gigantic waves far out in the ocean. When I finally got there and saw these huge 6-8 foot waves coming crashing down straight for me, I thought holy sh*@!! and quickly turned myself around and started paddling back the way I came. Of course the waves are much quicker than I am. Since I had already come out that far and there was no way I was going to out paddle the wave I decided to try to get onto it anyways. To my surprise the force of the wave pushed me straight up onto my board! I actually stayed on the wave until it washed away. I only had one foot up on the board and sitting on my knee, but it was awesome!!


6 comments:
Oh he is a thoughtful one!! I like the graphic! Very cool Roweena, no bitching about your summer because we both know that they don't compare to even our best! Enjoy it!
wow! it's a beauty! you look pretty great too Row..how brave to surf, those big waves are kinda scary.. rather be under the water!
keep on blogginXXX Jac
Actually we are living in a subtropical climate, which means that summer is technically our wet season. And it has been super duper wet this season! We are having record rainfalls this summer and a lot of places are experiencing flooding. Last year we had an unusually dry hot summer that put us into this horrible drought for the last year, but will all this rain hopefully it will be over soon :)
Hey you are amazingly brave my girl!
I watch the surfers and get totally freaked out. I wish you would get some videos on here so I could live more vicariously through your bravery!!
I love you both.
Mama
hey u guys screening your calls? I left a message the other night.
I was missing you terribly so had to cry myself to sleep...don't worry though, I won't be around forever...
heh heh heh
love ya
mamaev
DOES NO ONE EVER BLOG ANYMORE??
I MISS YOU
AND LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU
LOVE
MAMA
Post a Comment