Well we've been busy and up to our usual adventures. For a while we were surfing every weekend, until our surf boards were smashed and wrecked shortly after Easter. I think Burleigh Heads has something against us surfing there. The first time we surfed there I dropped my board on the sidewalk and put a huge long crack in the fibre glass, which we later tried to repair up in Noosa as it started pouring down rain on us. This was our second time to Burleigh Heads, the waves were 12ft tall, choppy and very very strong, but of course we tried to get out and surf anyways. I gave up before Todd, went back to hang out in the sun with our friend Christian when he noticed that I had a fin missing from the bottom of my board. I took a closer look and saw that not only had I lost a fin, but that they waves had pulled the fin out so violently that it had also pulled out half the plug that was holding the fin in the board out through the fibreglass coating and also cause several stress fractures across the board in the 2 fins above. Minutes later Todd came walking down the beach holding his surf board under one arm and one of his fins in his other hand. Boo on Burleigh Heads for wrecking our surf boards. We still haven't had them fixed yet, so no surfing for the last month or so. Here's one of our last surfing photos in Noosa before the wreckage.
Another weekend of random exploring around the Brisbane area, we stumbled upon this koala hanging out in a park along our travels.

Coolum is a little coastal town north of Brisbane on the Sunshine Coast. We were driving on our way up to Noosa (again, it's our favorite weekend destination) and decided to take a detour and try somewhere new and we sure were glad we went there. It's so beautiful there, like most places around here, it's always fun to explore new areas. We had a great day lazing about in the sun, collecting seashells, and making sand creatures.


Ok so I know I've been getting pretty slack with the blogging, but we have been disconnected from our internet for a few weeks. But now that we are reconnected I will be updating more frequently. I know I keep saying that, but this time I really will. We have had a lot of stuff happening around here lately so I promise there will be more news and adventures to come shortly.


Ok so I know I've been getting pretty slack with the blogging, but we have been disconnected from our internet for a few weeks. But now that we are reconnected I will be updating more frequently. I know I keep saying that, but this time I really will. We have had a lot of stuff happening around here lately so I promise there will be more news and adventures to come shortly.


6 comments:
wow..scary surfing you two! stay outta the water!! that's an order!! nice photos of you guys, all relaxed and enjoying the sunshine..we had a great MLW, big dive event at telegraph cove..fun!
FIRST POST too! I haven't had one of those in awhile...
XXX Jac
ya and you stole it from me Jac!
but good to see some new pics of you both. You look wonderful. (is that a thong you are wearing Wee?)
tee hee
looks good whatever it is.
love ya
mama
A thong? I thought it was just a belt. Either way I'm jealous. I doubt it would even fit on my ankle.
Pretty pics guys, sad thing aboot your boards, I guess you can always fashion the remnants into water wings or something.
Holy smoking ass in that first pic rowena...
too bad about the boards.. that sucks.. think of it as a seat belt. maybe it wasn't safe for you to be out there on those waves so the boards breaking kept you out and safe!
keep the adventures coming and try not to look so frigging hot in them!
love your sand sculpture tig.. you are a man of many talents!
xo
vashti
ps your hair has really grown rowena
Good to read/hear from ya!
Welcome back to the world wide weeeeb...it's much scarier here than any old waves!
Both of you are looking great!
Next time, can we get some pics of the koala surfing with a broken fin on the 10' waves?
UnkaJ
wearing a thong?
for the unrelated I was referring to Unca J's comment
Post a Comment