What better way to celebrate Mother's Day than waking up early Sunday morning for an 8km run? Hmm well I could think of many... maybe spending it with my Mother, but unfortunately both are all the way across the other side of the Pacific Ocean, so I guess this was the next best thing. Well it was for a good cause, raising money for breast cancer research and motivating me to get back in shape again. This was for my Mom, the bravest, kindest, most loving and giving, helpful, bestest Mother anyone could ask for.
Here I am at the beginning of the run, all fresh and ready to go amongst the crowds of eager runner. This is a like a 'Where's Waldo' picture except Waldo is me :)

Look how fast I'm going, I'm just a speedy blur whizzing by...
haha, ok maybe a little bit of the blurriness is due to our crappy camera
haha, ok maybe a little bit of the blurriness is due to our crappy camera

Yay, finally finished 49min 50sec later. I'm exhausted, Todd get the camera out of my face! Sigh, alright I guess I'll humor him and muster up a smile and a wave. There were MUCH worse photos of me after the race, but I'll keep those ones safely away from all to see.

Ok feeling a bit better, gotta get that timing chip off my shoe.

Mmm, finally through the crowds of people to get my water and watermellon :)

4 comments:
good job Row, but uhh, since when were you OUT of shape?
Looks like we were both running on mothers day, only mine was to the toilet! Kudos to you Miss
Way to go Rowena. Good for you running for breast cancer. I bet you Mommy is very proud of you!
Good on ya Rowena! What a great way to celebrate your mom!
well done Wee! I celebrate you honouring your mama on her special day!!
you always look good to me.
love
mamaev
Post a Comment