Monday, November 15, 2010

12 Week Nuchal Scan

Today Todd and I went for my 12 week NT scan. We were able to see the baby in 3D and 4D today. Baby is super healthy and very low risk for any genetic abnormalities, everything looks great. Baby has a healthy heart beat of 165bpm and blood is circulating well through the heart and body. Baby was very shy today and hiding so you can't really see his/her face very well and baby's legs were all curled up.

Here's the 3D photos of baby, you can sort of see a side profile.


4D pic where baby is hiding all curled up in a little ball.
Baby was not interested in having his/her photo taken this morning.

There's a DVD video of the scan too, but we haven't had a chance to look at it yet. I'll try to put up a short video later on. It might not be that interesting though as baby was not very active today, was probably trying to sleep while the ultrasound lady was poking and prodding him/her....

6 comments:

Duppa Dee said...

Omg so cool that you get to see when he or she is so teeny!!! We are doing a 3d when mom comes back, if she ever makes it back!! That's one cute fetus you have there!!

Rowena said...

You can see our baby's giant brain poking out the top of his/her head! I only put up a couple of the cute pics, we have an entire book of them! There are some where baby looks very bony from the back when he/she flipped over. The next scan is scheduled for Jan 11, 2011. Seems like I'm having an aweful lot of scans, apparently this is pretty normal though?

Duppa Dee said...

Maybe in Australia, some doctors like to see what's going on more than others, but what do I know, we do midwives, where I have to lie cheat and steal to get a single ultrasound :)
I've had two thus far, and we are paying for our 3d for when Mom gets back, but here, the 3ds are at a boutique, not in a clinic.

I should be giving birth around the time you're getting scanned!

Rowena said...

This was already my 4th, it was at an ultrasound 'clinic' but it's set up more like a boutique/spa. They have a genetic counsellor, 2 Drs, and ultrasound technicians. Each room has it's own bathroom, couch, and bed. They give you these nice bathrobes ('gowns') to wear. Not at all like your typical clinic, this is all through the private medical system though, probably not quite as nice if you go through public hospital....

gummaluvvy said...

OMG another beautiful baby for us, thanks so much for posting these pics. I cried in MacDonald's last night when I saw them on my itouch.
I love all three of you.
mama

Liz said...

Congrats Row and Todd! Love you both err 3...