Monday, February 19, 2007

Weekend Continued - Byron Bay

What a busy weekend we had. Our friend bought a new car and wanted to go for a drive this sunday. It was a cold and rainy sunday morning, but we decided to go for a drive down across the Queensland/New South Whales border to Byron Bay. This was our first time out of state to New South Whales. It's actually really close to where we live, it only took about 2 hours to get to our destination. So far I think this was my favorite coastal beach town we have visited. It's very laid back and relaxed here and people's lives down there mostly revolve around surfing and yoga. Now that's my kind of place. I'm pretty sure I could get used to being out on the beach all day surfing with a nice golden tanned and fit body being out on the beach and surfing all day. The food here is great, lots of vegetarian options for me :) and delicious looking deserts. Apparently there are a lot of dirty hippies living down here, but we didn't see many out that particular day.

Here are a few pictures of the beaches here.
The pictures don't do the place any justice though,
so you'll have to come down here and see for yourself.

This lighthouse is the most easterly point of Australia.

Later that evening we went to Brunswick Heads to the Brunswick Hotel, apparently owned by Crocodile Dundee according to our crazy drunk friend. This friend of ours, Adam (in the picture below) also claimed that this pub was built into a mountain overlooking the ocean. Much to our surprise, there was no mountain or ocean anywhere near the pub. There was however, a small creek across the street, which I suppose could be mistaken as the ocean depending on how much alcohol you have consumed. Where the mountain part came from, we are still unsure.


8 comments:

gummaluvvy said...

woohoo first poster!! I read the last post and can't believe that I got first on this one!!
Looks like you had a really fun time and I wish that the rest of the children were there too to ride the badboys with you! I am the first coward in the family when it comes to high things! Perhaps that is why I am short.
Love ya both and glad to see that you are having fun together with fellow canadians.
Love ya
mamaev

Rowena said...

Oh you're not alone being afraid of high things! I'm right there with you. Maybe it's a short person thing.

Rowena said...

Oh yeah, and did you recognize my lovely bathing suit that I was wearing at the beach? It should be familiar to you from my shower last year :)

Duppa Dee said...

Weird! it seems that we (van isle) and Arsetralia are the only two places to have good weather! Cheers to that!

Unknown said...

scratch that, it snowed today.

Anonymous said...

you two look great, happy and healthy! Glad you are up to some interesting things so we don't have to wait forever for a blog!!

hahah this coming from someone who hasn't updated in almost a week!!

heheheehe

xo
v

Anonymous said...

Hi you two! whatcha been up too? what's new and exciting down there?
hint hint hint.....

Anonymous said...

Next time can we get a picture of Rowena in her bikini without the dorkatron?

XoXoOOx
Uncle Pervy