Ok Gang, Finally some blog worthy pics, but sadly they are few and sparsley spaced as our camera is not awesome and cool like vashtis cam that can take pics underwater, But we went to the slides on saturday and it was a ripper of a day, It had to be 30+ and everyone and thier dog was at the park, We set out for the park at 10 after rowena having the rental car for 16 seconds and adjusting her mirrors for saftey nearly crashed headlong into a pillar, I was complimented that my screaming at my wife to stop the car was supplemented with a term of endearment beforehand, of
HONEY, HONEY STOP!!!!!!, anyhow after my heart stopped palpitating we set out and arrived, now for those who do not know Dreamworld is a waterpark and amusement park combined, We started out in the splish splash. We also had our German girl Sonya in tow and this was her first time at any slides, So we decided to bust her cherry with the scariest ride in the park, and did the greenroom ride first, The greenroom is basically a huge toliet bowl tilted on its' side, and you circumnavigate the rim much like an errant turdlet in a 4 man raft, it is really a good ride, but by far the best of the bunch is the Super Toobtastic Toboggan slide, Which is a feat of aquatic engineering, its basically a rollercoaster with out the needless luxuries of things like safety harnesses, jets of water on the side of the tubes accelerate you down heartstopping drops and through hairpin corners, we rode it 3 times in a row despite 20 min lines. Anyhow once we were all slid out we decided to hit the park, Sadly the tower of terror was out of order, but we remembered a promise from the girls last time we were there that they would ride the big drop which is the most heartstopping thing i have ever been on, It rivals even skydiving for its sheer terrifyingness. Basically its a elevator that you sit in legs dangling as it climbs it way jerkily up its 310 feet, where it stops and allows you to take in the queensland landscape, Then after what seems an eternity it drops you and all you can do is look at the ground and say Holy F*#*#ng SBalls as you plummet to the ground,You can't scream due to terror(in fact some asian girl started screaming frantically after about 10 seconds after the ride stop as her brain switched back on)
Row rode it twice in a row and was traumatized the second time due to the needed shot of adrenaline failing to show up. Anyhow she rode it and did it again despite being the worlds biggest chicken, and I am proud of her.
Here we are in the parking lot with Sonya, the worlds cutest german. My eyes are closed, and the girl in the background looks like i just raped her cat, but its the only one we have.
Thats it folks, Release the hounds!!!
6 comments:
FIRST POST! Tig I laugh out loud each time I read your post. YOu really should think about writing a book one day!
and we are so happy about the Mussellam clan returning home!! I was so sure that the phone call was going to be some kind of medical emergency!(explain that one at another time) anyway I am my own inimitable (and who would try) idiot as the camera records it for the rest of the world to laugh at, but I was soooooo surprised and thrilled just to see thier faces, and then they told me they were LIVING here again and I really should be going to my own funeral as my heart did some amazing flips and flops!!
but now to see you and gives you big hugs and cinnie buns (not necessarily in that order) would totally make my days!!
Love ya
meghnl
(by the by do you know what that means ?) I assumed my clever offspring would have figured it out but I was very, very, sadly wrong!!!
HJahahahah Dorks!! THat big dropping shit stopping scary thing is our version of the Hellivator.
SAME THING! Very scary, I went on it a few times a few years ago and I swear to god I thought it was broken and we were all going to die.
Vash's camera is neither hers, nor waterproof, it was Erins, its fancy , but not waterproof, I just had to use it as a decoy gift/
Mom's changed her name to Meghan and I gotta poop.
Glad you're having fun, would have been funner if you were here.
Hey guys! great post, you two always look so healthy and happy! the rides look so great and scary! So glad your mom survivied the surprises, you family rocks!
keep blogging you two crazy kids!
Jac
I assume it means mama evie gumma hubba noni loni
Sounds awesome tig! Wish we were there. The 30+ weather is a huge incentive when welcomed back to vancouver with buckets of rain and snow! hahaa
can't wait til you come back and visit!
xo
v
Looks like too much fun, feeling a little jealous!! Glad you guys are living it up!!! Hopefully oneday you will make the 20 hour flight home to meet my offspring!!! miss you! love you! keep on keeping on!
Post a Comment