Friday, June 29, 2007

Mt. Kinabalu

Sorry I've been really slack at posting this week, I'll try to be better. Anyhow, here is my Sabah adventure continued....

Here we are at Mt. Kinabalu head quarters after our 2 hour journey by minibus.



We checked in at the main lodge and made the 15 minute trek to our Hill Lodge carrying all our luggage. We struggled up to the top of the hill carrying all our luggage, slowing down to low gear while climbing up to the top of the hill, thinking about how we are ever going to make it up to the top of Mount Kinabalu when we can hardly walk up the hill to our accomodations! And of course our place was the very last one at the end, but we finally made it and were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at our little hut.



They didn't have any hostel accomodations available so we took what ever they had and originally thought that we would move to the hostel the second night, but we couldn't bring ourselves to leave this beautiful cozy little hut into the not so luxurious, hostel with shared bathrooms and bunk bed dormitory rooms.


Here is the view from our balcony.


It was clouded over that afternoon we arrived, but the next morning when we woke up.... it was absolutley breathtaking. And to think that we were going to be on top of that mountain in a coupe days!

3 comments:

gummaluvvy said...

FIRST POST! Don't think we aren't still loving you Wee! Everyone has been camping, myself in Raft Cove with my friends, and the rest of them in Comox. the first thing I did this morning was get on robs computer to check out your blog and now I am sure that when everyone gets home they will too! Thanks for the update and I think that I would have stayed in the cute lil hut and let everyone else haul their ass up the mountain! Can't wait until the next episode is published.
I love you!
mamaev
(did you sing Oh Canada on canada day?) harumph if you forgot! Kudos if you did!!!!! (I did) and also sang happy birthday to our lil Linkyn ! (who chipped a tooth whilst camping but I haven't heard how)
ttfn

Anonymous said...

wow Row! it looks so amazingly beautiful, what an adventure! can't wait for more pics...we want shots of Tig too and what he got up to while you were away...
luv ya both! jac

Anonymous said...

Yes in fact we did, we had a canada day bbq at our canadians friends on sunday night, It was fun, there were hats and flags and mexicans, everything that makes canada day.