Thursday, November 15, 2007

Melbourne

My first 'business' trip to Melbourne where I attended a 30 minute meeting, what a tough life of hard work... sigh. So I left early monday morning for my flight to Melbourne where I had most of the morning free to wander around the city and do some exploring. Oh how nice it was to be in a 'real' city once again. Melbourne is so full of life and energy, with lots of great little cafes, patisseries, bakerys, restaurants and best of all, great shopping, all set amongst beautiful green parks. Here are a few photos that I took while I was there.

Melbourne's city scape from the south side of the river.


Federation Square behind the tram station, one of Melbourne's city landmarks.



A closer look at Federation Square.


One of the many funky little alley ways weaving through the city, lined with cafes and restaurants.



Beautiful botanical gardens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How gorgeous! that is awesome that you two are getting out and about and seeing lots of Australia! It all looks so amazing! Congrat's on the car, that will open up all kinds of day trips for you guys..it all sounds just lovely! remember I have a friend in Newcastle if you ever get that way, she would love to have a beer or two (real auzzie)All is well here, luv Jac OH FP!