Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Fiji Part I - Malololai Island

Sorry to keep everyone waiting, but finally here are some of our photos from our Fiji adventure.

We arrived in Fiji early in the morning and waited at the airport for several hours for our shuttle to pick us up and take us to Denauru Marina where we boarded the Malolo Cat for a 50 minute boat ride to the island.



Here is our first glimpse of one of the many beautiful Fijian islands in the Mamanuca group and the beautiful clear blue tropical waters.


We were picked up by long boat at this port and brought to our tropical island retreat where we spent 2 blissful days and nights.


Todd did some research online about good dive sites around our area before we came out here and came up with this place called the Supermarket. He told me that it's supposed to have really great diving and it's a famous spot around there. I made all the arrangements to go to this spot, luckily for us we were diving on a wednesday, which is one of only 2 days of the week that they go to this particular place. Unbeknownst to me, this is a famous shark feed and dive area... eeeek!!! So I faced my fears and dove into the water with all the sharks and it was one of the most amazing dives I have experienced so far. We came to a point where there were black and white tipped reef sharks swimming around everywhere. We just floated around in the water and watched them swim passed us, they didn't even seem to notice our presence there. We did one more dive that morning and saw some beautiful and colourful reef formations. Unfortunately that was the end of our diving for the day. For some strange reason I was violently ill as soon as I emerged to the surface of the water. Sorry we don't have any photos, we don't have an underwater camera yet, but hopefully we'll have one the next time we dive.

The rest of the time on the island was just spent relaxing by the pool and enjoying the warm weather. We met a lot of really nice people there who had been traveling all over the world for 6-12 months. It was great listening to all their stories. I wish that one day we could travel around the world too.





2 comments:

Duppa Dee said...

ooh pretty!! Way to go on facing your fears, I'm more afraid of the octopus (and fascinated) ever since seeing the shark vs octopus video! HARSH!! Youtube is NOT a divers friend.

We just got a buttload of snow and I'm going diving tomorrow, I guess you wouldn't be interested? *lol*

Very pretty pics!

gummaluvvy said...

Oh I was sure that Jac got first post Dan!
Thepics are so cool tig and wee. I wanna go there for a few years!
I am at work so can't really chat here (and I know you care)
I love you
mama