After breakfast we wandered into the city to get some food for a picnic lunch at the top of the 'pyramids' in the Giraween National Park. The beginning of the hike was beautiful and actually quite pleasant. We stopped at the Rock Arch and took a few photos there....

And then continued up to the top. It started to get steeper and steeper, first with lots of stairs and then a scary scramble up the rocks to reach the top, but we finally made it there and the view was amazing.

The scariest part was making our way back down. For a while I almost thought that we might be stuck up there for the night. After about 5 attempts to crawl down the steep rock on my bum, I finally managed to slowly make my way down. Here I am clinging on trying hard not to look at the long tumble down the mountain.

Yay! We made it safely back to the bottom :)





3 comments:
Ohhh them are some great pics!! Looks great, I am bitter and jealous of the fancy clothes roweena is always sporting, oh and the body that fits into them.
i wonder how long I can ride this pregnancy lard excuse.
oh Tiggy I cannot believe that you were able to push that big rock over.
and I know your secret Wee!! You climb up the rock naked, have a shower up there, have your cleaned and pressed clothing delivered by.......helicopter?.....and then you pose for pics! You look great!
and Danica I am still riding my 'haven't lost it since the last baby' lard and he is going to be 26 so you are good for awhile.
love ya both
mama
still tuned but no further adventures!!
Counting the days now!!!
Loves ya
mama
Post a Comment