Finally it worked! Here are some more photos from our 5 year anniversary weekend in Montville last weekend.
We went hiking through the rainforest to see beautiful waterfalls. Here is a photos of us at the base of one of the falls. This is at Kondalilla National Park.
It was so muddy there that day, it was the day after a big night of rain and the leeches were out in full force. I was wearing 3/4 length pants and Todd flip-flops! Todd had splashed his foot into a big puddle of muddy water and flicked all this mud onto me. When I bent down to try and brush off some of the mud, I realized that it wasn't mud that was stuck on my ankle but a leech. Todd so kindly picked it off my ankle and that is my first encounter with a leech in the rainforest, but apparently not the last.....
Here we are on the 2nd hike of the day, just a short one before dinner. After this little trek, we went back to our cozy little cottage to get ready for a romantic dinner. After I finished getting ready, we were sitting by the fire ready to drive to the restaurant when Todd noticed I had blood running down the side of my foot. I had no idea that I was bleeding, being the great husband that he is, he helped me clean it up. I must have carried another leech back to our cottage with me from the 2nd hike. I didn't even know it was there, had a shower, where it probably washed off and couldn't clot because of the anti-coagulant it had injected into me. I had tracked little bits of blood all over the carpet of the cottage and probably wouldn't have even noticed the mess if Todd hadn't seen it. Funny enough I had matching leech bites, one on the outside of my left ankle and the other on the outside of my right ankle.
But I wasn't the only one who was attacked by leeches. As you can see in the first photo, Todd is wearing flip-flops. Not a great idea on a 5km hike the day after it's been raining. He had many more leeches attach onto him than I.
And of course my weekly belly photo, here I am at 33 weeks. As you can see, I am getting very round now.
1 comment:
wow this whole thing sounded so awesome until you mentioned the leeches. I wouldn't even step foot at one of thelakes we camped at last year because there were leeches... blech.. yuck.. phooey!
You look totally adorable Rowena.. can't believe your baby will soon be here!
oxoxo
v
Post a Comment