Monday, July 16, 2007

Jungle Camp

Going for our 3 day 2 night jungle camp on the Sungai Kinabantangun, the longest river in Sabah.


Our first wildlife viewing, Macaw monkeys. This male monkey just run up behind the female monkey and basically raped her for a minute or two and then just ran away.


Finally here at our jungle camp after a one hour journey of wildlife spotting along the river and a 5 minute trek from the river through the muddy jungle in our sexy new jungle attire, gum boots.


Big male macaw monkey waiting for a chance to snatch up some of our camp food.


6am morning river safari.


Crocodile going for an early swim.


In the afternoon we went for a jungle trek. Our guide found this tiny little frog amongst the leaves on the ground.


Centipede.


Millipede.


This is a picture of a bat sleeping all curled up inside of a leaf of a plant.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not stealing first post, but i want to point out that that is in fact a centipede and your guide is a drunk if he thinks its a millipede, Look it up....i had to

Anonymous said...

Ummmm can you delete that last post....I looked it up...again...yah..its a millipede...I am going to finish my 12 steps now.

Rowena said...

Centipedes have only one leg per body segment and millipedes have two legs per body segment (per side).

vashti said...

cool pix! love the snuggly leaf bat!

Duppa Dee said...

oooooooooooh send me that frog!!!
Stop bickering nerds!

gummaluvvy said...

you two are the only two that I am aware of that fight on your blog!! A new first..
I love the pics and you two bickerers!!
spent the weekend on the boat! It rained buckets the whole time. Sorry Nanaimo for the lousy weather because I am sure that it is because we bought the boat.
ttfn
me