Monday, May 28, 2007

Backpack Backpack

This weekend I made an investment on a brand new state of the art backpack for my adventure to Borneo. Here I am all suited up with my things packed and ready to go in my 65+15 (litre) bag strapped to my back. Yep you got it, it's humungous, a total whopping 80L of backpack! I didn't realize it was quite this big when I bought it at the store until I brought it home, opened it up and the top of the bag just kept going and going. Anyhow, I shouldn't have to ever use the extra space at the top, I wouldn't be able to carry the extra weight anyways. But I think I did a pretty good job compressing 3 weeks worth of gear into my spiffy new backpack :) No more comfy bed (complete with husband to warm my feet), hot showers, blow dryers, flat irons, make-up and pretty dresses for me... it's time to rough it, well sort of, hopefully not too rough, hot showers are nice.

Only 3 more days til I leave!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another first post! I am sizzeling!! Rowena I have backpack envy! 80 litres of room, you could fit in there. You are right tho, pack only what is absolutely neccessary...and when you think you did, go through and remove half again! duct tape your feet if they get blistered...and lots of Fireball whisky is my secret to a happy hiking trip! Have a fantastic time with your sis, take tons of pics and post every chance you get! Have a blast!!!!
luv Jac

Anonymous said...

you look so sweet and sort of turtle-ish! Your backpack is almost as big as you!

happy 2 day count down!!

Tig, thanks for calling on my bday, it was great talking to you!!

all my love,
vashti

gummaluvvy said...

You have fun Wee! I think you are smaller than your pack though. And take Jacqui's comments seriously cuz fireball rocks!!
Please be careful.
Love ya
me

Anonymous said...

how you doing tigger without your wee row?? e mail me cause I am on a nother computer with out my address book! Hope you are hanging in there ~
luv Jac

gummaluvvy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEE!!!
WE LOVE YOU EVEN IF YOU HAVE LEFT OUR SON!
Heh heh