So this is totally last minute and random, but it looks like I am going to Borneo in less than a month! Well actually I am going to Borneo, I booked my ticket today. I will be leaving June 1st, flying overnight from Brisbane to Singapore where I will meet my sister at the airport and we will board our next plane together to Kota Kinabalu in Sabah.
So where excactly in the world am I heading? Kota Kinabalu is the capital city of Sabah which is a state of Malaysia on the island of Borneo.

And what will I be doing there? Well, this will be my first ever backpacking adventure. We are planning on travelling around all over Sabah for 3 weeks. From Kota Kinabalu we will hike 4101 metres up to the summit of Mount Kinabalu, have a soak at the Poring Hot Springs, see Orang-Utans at the Sepilok Orang-Utan Rehabilitation Centre, go white water rafting on the Sungai Padas, do some diving off the the islands on the east coast and what ever else the journey holds for us we'll see when we get there.


5 comments:
Good deal, have fun you two!! And don't let anyone have your passport, I've watched too many weird 'abroad' documentaries!
wow, that sounds fantastic! congrats rowena i hope you have a great time!
my gawwd Rowena I want your job!! You get more time off than many people work!!! Your trip sounds utterly fantastic (well except for the hard backpacking up a mountain part) I am so thrilled that you are so adventurous and wish Tig could go too but it will be a great trip with Vivian. Say Hi to her for me and have fun.
Tig you should try to come home for a week of Wee's trip. Then we wouldn't have to share you! Kiddin, I would miss having Wee here.
I still live vicariously through you two.
love you
meghnl
Wowwwwiieee!!! Way to go!!!! You know how to live!!! Talk about adventures hey! so how much flying time total are you lookin at? (not as much as your sister I;ll bet)
Congradulations, have a blast!
great! more exciting posts in the works, feed the monster Row!
that is totally cool...
Jac
Post a Comment