Monday, December 18, 2006

Lawn Bowling




Sorry we haven't updated our blog in a long time, but nothing much has been happening here and when it does we haven't had our camera with us. So it's nearing the festive holiday season and we had a busy weekend full of festivities. A birthday party on saturday night followed by a fun house gathering with my workmates, and best of all Todd was on his best behaviour and kept his pants on the whole time. Although it took nearly an hour to get a cab and then the cab fares took about 90.00 out of our festive budget, but it was a fun time had by all

Today I went lawn bowling with one of the lab groups where I work for their annual Christmas party. Since I am currently the only person in my lab, I have been jumping from party to party with other people's lab groups. So this officially marks my third Griffith University Xmas party. Lawn bowling was actually really fun. I can see why old people take it up as a hobby when they retire. A beautiful day outside in the sun playing a leisurly sport. It was a bit tricky to get used to at first since the balls are weighted on one side so you can't just throw it straight towards your target. Well, a couple test shots and I was playing like a pro. So back to work today til the end of the week and it's time for 2 weeks of holidays. YIPEE!!

Well we will try and post again soon,

Row

5 comments:

gummaluvvy said...

awwww lawn bowling looks like fun!
I am sending you some love and a treat so need your address!
We missed you this weekend. I only cried twice, once when I lay in bed and listened to everyone, and you and your sister's voices were not there and once when Siobhan gave me the most beautiful bracelet with pictures of my oldest grandgirls on it.
You both were missed son!
I love you both very much.
mamaev

Clan Mussellam said...

Glad you have something under the tree. Sorry it isn't too exciting! Lawn bowling is also HUGE here! Old people for miles! Glad you are getting the hang of it Rowena but I'm more proud of Tig for keeping his pants on at a social function! Yay team Gee!

Anonymous said...

next thing you know you guys will take up cricket and polo! Glad you guys are out having fun, cab fares aside! I hope you two have some fun stuff planned for the holiday!we have had another storm/snow/wind no power...no school yesterday...so enjoy your sunshine!
take care you crazy kids,
luv Jac

Rowena said...

Todd's exhagerating again, it didn't really take an hour to get a cab and the cab fair was $60 ($30 each way). I didn't realize that Todd had added a little bit of his comentary to my story until I read Jaquie's comment. Haha, like Todd says, I never give him an inch when it come to his overly dramatic stories.

Clan Mussellam said...

and he barely gives you an inch!!!
muhahahahaha