After sampling a few less than satisfactory dim sum (or yum cha as they call it here) restaurants in the city we decided to venture down to Sunnybank. We were told that Sunnybank is the place to go if you want to have good chinese food since there is a large chinese community residing there. So off we went, 4 zones on the bus and $10.20 later in bus fare, down to the southern suburbs. Well Sunnybank is no Richmond, but we did manage to find a yum cha restaurant that was very busy. We waited in line for our table among all the people in the typical hectic sunday afternoon dim sum caos. The food was pretty good, but it paled in comparison to our favorite place in Montreal. I think I've officially given up on dim sum in Brisbane now. It's quite expensive and there is not much of a selection for someone (me) who doesn't eat meat. We'll just stick to the delicious Thai and Indian food here :)
After our dim sum lunch, we decided to venture into the Sunnybank Plaza for a little bit of shopping. I have been having a hard time buying clothes and shoes in my size here since all the sizes here seem to very large. This lady I met told me to go there since they would have more stuff that is catered to small asian people. Well we didn't find much shopping there, but we did come across a 'Fun House'. We decided that we would like to have some fun so we went in and played a few games. We played a bunch of silly kids games so that we could win tickets and get prizes (the games there were pretty expensive to play). We turned our $5 of games into about $1.50 worth of candy.
We also found a large chinese supermarket where Todd bought himself some chinese treats. I bought a few groceries and would have bought more if I knew what anything in there was.
Well I've been trying all morning to upload some photos, but it doesn't seem to be working. Maybe I'll try again later.
1 comment:
Well if the sizes are large in Australia Wee count me in and i will be there!!
Love you both
Mamaev
Post a Comment