Sunday, August 13, 2006

Where we play

Todd drinking his fresh juice at South Bank.
South Bank Beach
Kangaroo Point Cliffs
My favorite weekend treat.

Yep, Cue Southbank, 2:30pm, and the market in full swing, The river is churning with activities, as people in cigar boats blast down the river at 200mph around passenger ferries and steamships, and the best part its completely legal, Its like heaven for Brodie. We went for a nice walk along kangaroo cliffs, which for thos who don't know is like the largest outdoor climbing centre i have ever seen, its over 1.5 kms of rockwall and always has people dangling off it. Row and i later went for a juice and then with the change she walked over to see the other man in her life, Bob the churro man, who for a mere 3.50aus can give you 14 wonderful inches of deepfried cinnamon and sugar dipped pleasure, Rowena who as you can cleary see is on a strict diet, partakes in this ritual twice weekly. So anyhow back to the juice which i sit on grassy knoll and looking somber, lick my wounds from the tragic events that transpired early that saturday morn.

You see Row and I just finished going to a Bathhouse to soak our troubles and tension away into the warm minerally pools,Which us having no bathtub seemed like an ideal activity, However upon arrival we were a little disappointed with the facilities, which were little more then a sauna a few showers a cold tub and a hot tub, and a whooole lotta fat naked chicks. Well that was the experience for Row at least. My experience was quite a bit more visceral, Ahem! due to either me being a man of the world, or more simply borderline retarded and forgetting my teachings in San Francisco , I somehow opted to forget what going to a bathhouse means for a man. It is more or less a gay bar with towels. Upon entry to the changeroom, I felt a certain wave of panic, as I looked around the room and realized that I am very comfortable with gay men, It is clearly another realm being with gay men without my pants. However I fit in rather well and mostly without incident, I met Matt the dancer and his partner Jason who I partook in a "heated" pun intended, sauna discussion over who was the most compelling character in desperate housewives. I actually had a ver yrelaxing time and met some really nice people, It was actually kind of funny as time to time you would get a straight man in the room who would creep in with boardshorts on and not make eye contact nor talk with anyone acting like if they did they would somehow burst into a rendition of streetcar named desire tunes and develop a fondness for tracklighting and purple drapes. Anyhow to the gay community of Brisbane I commend you for your openmindedness and friendly demeanor and salute you.....with my hands.

(I can hear my brother's silently screaming in the back of my mind)

Tigga

5 comments:

Clan Mussellam said...

haha love the blog updates! keep up the adventures you two! I love reading about them... then telling everyone how gay my brother and his bathhouse pals are!

Clan Mussellam said...

Todd, you can come out of the closet now, your family will still love you...

M

charli girl said...

tig i think its great your so comfertable with your sexuality, you were probly a breath of fresh air for those fags, good job!!

Jason@brandscaping.ca said...

the screams arent silent....

Clan Mussellam said...

by breath of fresh air did you mean virgin fag chay?

hahaha the lambs are screaming clarice

xo
v