Thursday, August 10, 2006

Yoga

Yesterday I took the bus for the first time in the evening/night. I discovered two things:
1) Apparently the obesity problem here warrants having 2 extra large seats up at the front of the bus for the larger bus traveller. This seat is about 1.5x the size of a regular bus seat. But the placement of this seat is a bit odd. The seats are placed behind directly behind the bus driver with not much space between. I saw a very heavy woman (probably at least 300 pounds) get on the bus yesterday and try to sqeeze herself into this seat. She got into it alright, but it took a bit of manuvering to get in there. 2) It takes the same amount of time to walk to where ever you need to go at night time as it would to wait for a bus to take you there. Apparentl I had walked to the wrong bus stop and waited there for close to 20 minutes just to have the first bus to pass drive right by me. The next bus wasn't for another 20 minutes in which time I was able to walk into the city. I should have just walked across the bridge and all the way home, but usually the ferries going across the river run every 10 minutes. So I sat and waited for the ferry and waited, and waited..... until finally I arrived home 1.5 hours after my departure time from the yoga studio which normally takes me less than 30 minutes to get to by ferry/bus. So I guess from now on I will just have to walk home from my yoga class in the evenings. A brisk 45 minute walk along the river front sure beats the 1.5 hour commute I endured last night.

I've been practicing yoga at home on my own now and I have my basic yoga routine that I try to do everyday. Here is a picture of my new little at home yoga studio :)


No comments: