Anyways, I'll try this again.....
DAY 2 cont. - Thursday
So after falling asleep to the sound of the ocean waves on the beach, I decided to get up and do something a bit more active. First, off to the homemade icecream shop that my friend recommended. I had a delicious raspberry sorbet before continuing my adventures to the Noosa National Park. I took the coastal trail through the park, it was truely amazing and breathtaking.
This is one of the photos I took from one of the lookout spots. It was so beautiful seeing the ocean waves come crashing up on the rocky shore. The picture really doesn't do it much justice at all.

DAY 3 - Friday
I spent the morning falling asleep on the beach again, waiting for my surfing lesson that afternoon. This was my second time surfing and since I was by myself today I thought I might bennefit from taking a lesson. Also because I don't know what I'm going out there yet, I didn't want to be out braving the waves on my own. Well I can't say I learned much from the lesson, but this time around was a bit harder than the first time. There were too many other beginner surfers thrashing around in the water around me that I had a hard time trying to get up on a wave, plus the weather conditions were much harsher than the last time I was out there. It was a pretty stormy day and the waves were getting bigger and bigger and stronger and stronger as the day progressed. I guess it didn't help that I haven't really been exercising regularly in the last 6 months since we've been here. My body was very sore and tired after my lesson.
I hurried back to the hotel to pick up poor Todd who had been waiting in the hotel lobby for me, his conference ended early. We decided to stay an extra night before heading back home. Thank God for the huge spa bath in our new hotel, my poor aching body sure needed it. Actually, we both needed it, after not having a bath in our place for the past 5 months, it sure was nice to soak our old creeky bones.
Here's Todd after a long 2 days of hard work.
We had a nice dinner at the best sushi restaurant we've ever been to. Mmm fresh yummy salmon that had just been filleted 2 hours before we arrived and the best bbq eel nigiri we've ever eaten. Yummy!! I thought we had good fresh seafood in BC, but Noosa's up there in the fresh seafood department.
DAY 4 - Saturday
The weather wasn't that great today so we spent the morning having a long breakfast, hoping it would clear up a bit but it didn't. We tried to make the best of the day despite the bad weather. We went for a long walk along the beach. The sand here is amazing, it's so soft under your feet and squeaks when you drag your feet along.
The seagulls here are actually really cute and clean looking. They are quite a bit smaller and whiter than the seagulls that we have back home.
Poor little crab. Todd chased it around for a while and captured it in his hands. It escaped the first time I tried to take a photo of it so Todd captured it again. I managed to take a shot of it before it scurried away again. Todd's like a little kid on the beach, chasing after all the little critters on the beach that he comes across.
At the end of the beach, is yet another beach across the water. The beach that you see in the background is the beginning of the 40 mile beach. We didn't get a chance to get over there, but there is a ferry that takes 4x4 vehicles over to this National Sand Park. At the most northern tip of is a place called Coloured Sands and Rainbow beach which are supposed to be quite nice. We'll have to make another trip up there later. Across the water up there is Frasier Island, a very large sand island, a bit similar to Moreton Island where we went camping for my birthday. We will have to visit the rest of the surrounding areas another time. There is so much to see around here!
Until next time......








5 comments:
yay,!! you and jason have crabs@
hopefully we got them in different places - mine are bigger, but i had to pay for them!
The pics are very nice rowena, cant wait to see them with me own eyes.
unkaJ
Todd got his for free, but I don't think it's the kind you would want to eat :p
When are you coming for a visit? We'll be here waiting for you :)
Beautiful pictures Roweena! Looks like you two are really getting around the country. You are brave learning to surf.. it looks very difficult to me..Keep posting, it is great to see all the beautiful sights.
Good luck with the new job! that has to be very exciting!
luv Jac
am I the only one who is more than a little disturbed that neither of you have bathed in 5 months?
ha ha looks great there and you two look blissfully happy!
love ya
v
Post a Comment