Sunday, November 05, 2006

Noosa

DAY 1 - Wednesday November, 1, 2006
All set to go for the conference.
On the boardwalk of the main beach at Noosa Heads after a delicous seafood dinner at Bistro C on the waterfront.

After a walk along the boardwalk to let our dinner digest a bit, we found a nice restaurant to have coffee and desert. It was the piano man that lured us in. Todd requested for him to play our wedding song, Groovy Kind of Love by Phil Collins, and made me cry. We had delicous deserts, of course as always, I liked Todd's more than my own. The music was so good that we returned again the next night just to hear him play, and I had to have a chocolate parfait of my own.

DAY 2 - Thursday

Noosa Wharf by our hotel. I tried to get some breakfast here, but nothing was open.
After a morning of shopping on Hastings Street, I realized that I forgot my sunblock back at the hotel. The chemist (pharmacy) was selling sunscreen at a riduculous price so I had to go back to the hotel to get my own, I was already feeling like my skin was burning up and it was only 10:30am.
It was a hot and humid day in Noosa. I wanted to go for a swim to cool off in the river so I walked all the way down to the end of the river where I found a nice quiet beach just to see a danger no swimming sign posted on the beach. I later found out that it if unsafe to swim in the rivers since sharks are often found here. Good thing I saw the sign and went swimming elsewhere. I was wondering why there was no one swimming in the beautiful blue waters that looked so inviting.

So here I am back at the main beach where there were a few more people and life guards on duty... safe to swim, but the water was still pretty cold. It's November and 27C outside most days, but not summer time weather yet. By Aussie standards, it's still too cold to swim.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is quite a beautiful place, and you two look great!!

Chocolate, parfait, Phil Collins and swimming with Sharks - sounds like the plot to the next Saw movie!

Glad i could be your first!
(today)

unkaJ

Duppa Dee said...

Oh jason got first post due to the no-lifeness, I only got second cause he told me.
Lol at the saw movie, we saw it the other night and it was fricking grim.
see it.
Nice to see you both happy I like your dress Roweener

Duppa Dee said...

so, umm, wait, is there something you're not telling, like uhh, maybe you're bloating your job title a TAD?
cause under closer inspection...I found this
http://static.flickr.com/109/289600279_4312a6246c.jpg?v=0

Duppa Dee said...

if you have an itty bitty monitor, like I do not...then here...
http://static.flickr.com/111/289607189_07b57b7cfc.jpg?v=0

Clan Mussellam said...

danica you are EVIL!!
did not figure this one out til you enlarged it though. AND you have way too much time on your hands! Post pics on your blog...come over and get your camera stuff when I come back. (sunday @ 6 pm)
ttfrom jolly ole!
PS maeve and madigan love me best!!!!
Mamaev