Monday, November 20, 2006

Todd is so great!!

Ok just before I start this, I want to say that today I am not drunk while writing this blog today..... I just wanted to share with everyone what a great husband Todd is. To my surprise when I arrieved home from work today Todd had come home early and cleaned our apartment from top to bottom until it was absolutely spotless. He wanted me to come home to a beautiful clean house after my first day of work! I knew there was a reason why I married him :) And tonight he is going to give me a nice relaxing massage. See so he does have a lot of great redeeming qualities despite his family (and most of the gay men in Montreal) thinking that he is gay. Well I think he's the best!

And now here are some more of his hundreds of photos that he took at the koala santuary. And these are not the last of them... yes you guessed it, there are more!


This kangaroo was posing for photos for all the tourists passing by while keeping cool in the shade.


For $1 you can buy a bag of kangaroo food and feed the kangaroos roaming free in kangaroo world. It was a pretty warm day so a lot of the kangaroos were trying to stay cool in the shade and were not too keen having strange humans trying to feed and pet them, but I managed to get a few of them to eat out of my hand.

Kookaburra, these are all over the university campus where I work. Apparently they like to hang around and scavenge left over food, how unusual for a bird to scavenge left over food....
Even the wombat is trying to stay cool while hiding/sleeping in his log.












Boy Aussie animals sure are lazy, all they ever do is sleep in the shade all day. I'm sure this guy was less than happy when Todd shined the bright flash of his camera at him to capture the perfect photo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww, he is sweet! that is so nice, hope you had a great first day at work...they are never stressfree tho. The pictures of the animals are wonderful.
All is still soggy on the north island, but all is well! We have a new great nephew! Dylan Ryan arrived last night by C section, 9.2 lbs, so thank goodness he is here now,
take care you two!
luv n stuff, jac

gummaluvvy said...

hey that kangaroo is not posing you dolts....it is dead.
ttfn
great blog though
love ya
mama

charli girl said...

You do have a good man and I knew that all along ( there is something to be said for gay men though too, sensitive wise) I am jealous of your trips to the amazing zoo's, nevermind the whole being in austalia thing.
Good luck at work hope all is going well!

Anonymous said...

so he came home and cleaned your house for you, thats the way to show someone that you arent gay!

Hellooooooo!

Oh well, gay or straight, you still make me proud!

unkaJ