Friday, September 08, 2006

Crocodile Hunter






I'm sure you have all heard by now that Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter, has passed away several days ago while he was out filming a documentary at the Great barrier reef. He was stung by a sting-ray through the chest. The same sting rays that Todd and I were snorkelling with on our honeymoon in Belize!! They are not usually dangerous unless you step on them or try to harm them. Todd was actually petting them when we were in Belize. Anyways, Steve Irwin's death has been all over the news here everyday for the last 4 days! It's very sad what happened and people from all over Australia are coming to pay their respects at his zoo here just north of Brisbane. He has the best zoo that we have ever been too and did a lot of really great things for animals. Almost all the money he made went back into the zoo. So here is our little mini tribute to Steve Irwin, one of Australia's heros... more pictures from his zoo :)

3 comments:

Clan Mussellam said...

aww thats nice of you guys. I couldn't believe it when Michael told me he had died. We have no tv and believe it or not i don't spend much time parked infront of the computer. I was really saddened to learn what happened to good ole Steve Irwin. I really liked him and I'm sorry for his wife and 2 children even if he did dangle one while feeding a right beauty of a croc! I'm glad to hear you've been to his zoo.. I'd come and pay respects too, if it wasn't so bloody expensive! love you guys and miss you too and fyi Madigan does more than drool! :P

Oh and FIRST post BITCHES

gummaluvvy said...

hey I posted here and apparently it did not take!!
Yes son it was nice of you to post a tribute to Steve.
I would love to see the zoo that he and his family created.
Love you muchly
MamaEv
ps we do so post on your blog ya moron!!

Anonymous said...

Tig, LOVED your Birthday song to Chay! You should be writing commercial jingles...keep on blogging you guys, hey to Rowena!have a great weekend (I guess your's is already half over?)
luv Jac