Surfer's Paradise... where's Rowena?

Todd decided to burry me in the sand.
As you can tell I'm not that impressed.
High rise buildings along the waterfront.
My favorite part of the strip, great shopping!!
Adrenaline rush rides.
Some hate it some love it... to me it truly is paradise. Sand, surf, shopping, good food and nighlife, what more could you ask for.
Todd and I headed out early this morning for the longer than expected journey to the Gold Coast. The trip entailed a ferry ride across the river to the train station, riding the train for 1 hour to the southern suburb of Nerang and finally a very crowed 1 hour bus ride to our final destination. We were starving by the time we arrived, only having had a small breakfast. The first thing we did when we arrived was hit the beach for our picnic lunch that I packed this morning. The beach was beautiful and well worth the long journey... miles of white sandy beach and aqua marine ocean. We lay on the beach and relaxed for most of the morning. Since I have never been burried in the sand before, Todd thought it would be fun and some how got me to agree to it. As I lay there while Todd was covering me with sand and it was getting in my eyes, mouth and everywhere else, I realized why I have never done it before. I tried to wash away all the sand in the ocean, but the water was freeezing!! I guess I forgot it wasn't summer yet since the temperature had been close to 30 degrees the last few days. I think we have aclimatized to the Queensland weather now, 20C water and we still won't go in for a dip.
After we were finished with the beach, we walked around and did some sight seeing. We found a large parking lot full of crazy rides. Todd tried to convince me to go on the Sling Shot with him, but I was not going to have any part of that so he went by himself. For $30 they will strap you into this sling shot device and throw you 80m up into the sky, spin around and then fall down and bounce around a bit until they decide to let you down. Todd had a good time on the ride and I was quite happy watching him from the bottom.
Well it's been a long day and we are exhausted from the treck home, so it's off to bed for tonight.








8 comments:
aha first bitch blogger!! and never mind for the tardy rest of you.....no 3 is not the new 1.....i CAN spell bitch and...ahem...now i will go back and read the damn blog.
Love ya and am the best!!
Mamaev
And I want to know if you paid for your small breakfast or is dining and dashing the NEW paying for your merchandise??
Looks like fun and Tig I am not sure why you would, or even could, go on a ride like that. It makes me dizzy to look at it.
Love you bunches and stay out of the sand Wee. You must know who you married by now!
Love to you both,
Mamaev (who as a first post bitch, rules)
Actually we made our small breakfast at home and yes, we paid for all our merchandise that we purchased while we were there :p
Good children, I have heard stories about the Australian penal system ya know. Actually some of your ancestors were likely in them! Some of the more adventurous criminals that left Ireland, went to Australia and some came to Quebec...so if you see someone that looks like you......
Love ya
Mamaev
you might not have been impressed with the sand burying but Tig sure was generous with her boobie porportions!! hahaha and posting on your own blog comment section is so teh gay
xo
v
eat it bitches
ooh man..... did mom just say first bitch blogger?
anyways, await my photo response to this post...
yah, well its done, and you can go see it on our blog.
you asked for this yourself.
ok I admit it, I pulled an Erin in the excitement of the moment!
but not such a faux pas a posting on your own blog incessantly to those that that applies to.
YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!
(danica & mike) for those that don't know.
snicker
mama
Post a Comment