Friday, September 01, 2006

Todd's Birthday

Mmmmm Australia (Tasmania) has the best oysters!
According to Todd, this was the best steak
he's ever had... except maybeJason's steak.

Us, very full and a little drunk after dinner.

Todd gets a taste for my favorite wine, zinfandel.

Todd standing outside the best steak restaurant in Australia.

Wow, Ok ok Man does my wife ever spoil me, She just finished uploading the pics and said its my turn to update the blog so...here goes, Last night I arrived haggered from yet another day at work, Filled with promises that I would be cooked a special dinner of my favorite food, One that Rowena has never made before, Now just for those who don't know my lovely but dimwitted spouse, She isn't a very good liar, As I started thinking on my way home, It dawned on me, How could she know what was my favorite food when A.) she had never made it for me, and B). I cannot honestly say I even know what my favorite foods are, as they tend to get lost in my wifes myriad of favorites, and its better just to say, My wifes favorite food is FOOD!!! anyhow, I arrive home and my first surprise my house is spotless, Not that it is ever really dirty, but spotless to the point where I am half expecting Rowena to inquire as to where she can buy a shovel an bag of quick lime. Now considering that dinner was to commence in 30 mins or so I would expect that some food preparation would have been underway, but what do I know, My next clue, that she might not be making dinner is that she told me to dress nicely, Hmmm... Anyhow after I had showered and fussed over that I have nothing to wear, I did manage to pull on something halfway decent and rowena gave me my first present, a beautiful wallet and pedicure set, Perhaps its a small hint that I may need to clip the ol toemachetes? Anyhow she took me across the water and we had dinner at CHA CHA CHAR which boldly claims that they make the best steak in Australia, I scoffed at this boastfulness and went inside, We got seated at a lovely table by the window and were waited on hand and foot, We started off with this cornbread roll with olive oil and tomatoes which if you pour the supplied beef jus on it is divine, Even my vegetarian wife started slathering the stuff on her buns...Jason get your mind out the gutter. Anyhow We ordered Oysters with mango salsa and salmon roe to start which were amazing, and then for a main rowena had shoestring potatoes(or fries!) and this fast poached white king salmon, which was one of the nicest pieces of fish that didn't grace the engels kitchen table, And I had steak, Ok I had theeeeee steak, Ok ok, I had a steak that if I went to Gods bbq party and said, "Hey lamb of hosts" fry me up a rib filet medium rare and bring me a beer while your at it, THATS WHAT THIS STEAK TASTED LIKE, it was bar none..the best steak i have ever eaten, smelled or had wet dreams about. I also had goat cheese blended mashed potatoes and baby spinich, Well with dessert and great conversation and a huge bottle of zinfindel, we ended up having dinner for 3 hrs. After dessert and coffee we stumbled out of the place and waited for the ferry to take us back, But we ran into our new french friend, Celine who we chatted up in bad drunken french and managed to exchange numbers with, So that in a nutshell is my birthday which was perfect...My hat goes off to my wife for planning the whole thing, and perhaps my pants too.



Thanks for reading!



Tigger

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Happy birthday Todd! I'm glad you had a good day. Makenna also says, well sings, happy birthday to you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Tig! Thanks for the plug on the salmon... you make a steak sound so bloody good, I am surprised Row is still a veggie!!
Pics say it all... you two are so cute!
luv and stuff! Jac/Robbie
oh yeah, I caught a 27 pound spring today! fought like a bitch (the salmon I mean)

gummaluvvy said...

aww but the better bitch won!
Tig your bday dinner sounds so good and looks even better. No mention of pa's favourite....dessert so maybe you could let us know later?
Good to see you guys having fun. Love to you both
Mamaev

Anonymous said...

glad you had a great birthday... sorry you may have taken your pants off!!!