Friday, October 06, 2006

Montreal - Summer 2005

We have so many wonderful pictures, I'm not sure why Todd chose the ones that he did for the last post. And he wonders why his family makes fun of him, well with photographic proof posted by none other than Todd himself, he has no one to blame but himself for being the centre of all family jokes. Oh and he also failed to mention the story behind the topless photo of me with the tranny. While Todd was trying to get the perfect picture of me with this "woman", I was having problems of my own. She kept pulling my top down to take a topless picture with her and I kept pulling it back up. She was very persistant so I just gave up after a while. Todd had no idea this was happening and didn't even know that I was topless in the middle of downtown Montreal surrounded by thousands of people until I scolded him for taking such a long time taking the photo while I was standing topless amongst all those people.

Anyways, here are some more pictures of our past adventures in Montreal. Many of you probably haven't seen these photos since we didn't have our blog going last year when we were living inMontreal, so I guess it's catch up time of the last year of our lives. We sure have had a lot of great adventures and many more to come.....

This is the view from our 21st floor apartment
in downtown Montreal. This is the north facing
view onto the main shopping street of Monteal,
St. Catherine.


Gay pride parade, the Montreal gay swim team.


One of the biggest and best drag shows in the
world, Mascara.


Le Vieux Port (The Old Port) in Old Montreal.




Beautiful park in Mt. Tremblant

A lake in the park at Mt. Tremblant. Todd and I rented a canoe while we were here to explore the lake. We ended up bickering most of the time, blaming each other for the canoe not moving in the direction we wanted it to go... well it was mostly Todd spazzing and me trying to calm him down. Funny how we encountered the same problem in Belize while trying to kayak down the river. I guess we're just not very good at manuevering small watercraft together.

This is the village of the ski resort Mt. Tremblant. So called the mini "Whistler" of the Eastern Canada. But those of us who have been to Whistler would most likely be diappointed here since the "mountains" here are more like small gentle rolling hills. Not at all what we expected, but still beautiful in it's own way. One thing that Mt. Tremblant has in common with Whistler is the outrageous prices of accomodations and restaurants etc.

At the top of the village they have this ride called the luge where you sit on these little sled like things and coast down a long winding path going down the mountain.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh helloo... first post again! lord you guys are too easy...I just dragged my sorry bum in from a boxercise class! So the previous shots were of Montreal! my faith in the Aussies is restored, I thought "Priscilla queen of the desert (dessert?) was an aberration!
You have to rent that movie if you haven't already seen it...I think Todd is in it actually. Rowena, so good to know you are open minded and in complete control of the Tigger in a temper. I live with a very mild mannered man myself, so have no concept of what you're talking about!
luv ya all still, Jac

Anonymous said...

ok, if you put that many pics up, they are going to be a variety of comments

1> gay pride parade? Drag Festival? It's ok Todd - we get it, you're gay. Stop trying so hard.

2> Todd spazzing? Wow, we've never seen that before (nintendo, sega, playstation, xbox, etc) you must bring the worst in him out :-)

3> So, it's official now. You are a luger.


k - kidding - you look great in the pics, and we are glad to see that you are both happy and healthy. We opted not to make a comment about you being more focused on the topless tranny than your topless wife. That would be just mean.


unKaJ

gummaluvvy said...

Hey I love all the pics posted regardless of who is in them!!
It is nice when some people (myself included I suppose) actually get off their duffs and post a picture.
Love ya
Mamaev

Clan Mussellam said...

ok, mom and i are having a 'discussion'..


Rowena.. is that just a pic of the montreal gay swim team or is that TIG in a wickid pair of blue speedos?


is that him or no?

Anonymous said...

OMG! I THOUGHT it was Tigger too! that is too funny.. it can't be, can it?????
j

Rowena said...

haha, I've never looked at that photo too closely until now. That guy does kind of look like Todd in a speedo. But just to clear up the confussion, Todd has not started wearing speedos walking down the streets of downtown Montreal.... yet ;)