Ok ok, we got the hint that you guys want us to post up a new blog. And I guess that since everyone else has updated their blogs it's our turn to put something up. Well we can't beat Brodie's first blog, we have no news about a baby coming anytime soon and no new pics of Australia. Pretty much life here lately has just been Todd working a lot and still trying to find a job. Job hunting here is ALL done through the internet and recruiting agencies. I have been to see a few recruting agencies and they all say that they will find me work, but nothing so far. The application process for research jobs has been very long and tedious. It took me 3 full days to submit one application for a job at the university and it will take them another 4-6 weeks after the closing date of the posting for them to review the applications before I hear anything back from them.
This passed weekend we went out for dinner with our friends to a Spanish tapas bar. One of the girls' parents were in town so she took her Mom out while her father was working (he's the Archbishop of Adelaide and always busy working for the church). We ordered a banquet and boy was it ever a banquet! There was sooo much food, just when we thought the last dish had come out there were 5 more. We were all very full and drunk by the end of dinner. As usual, in Aussie fashion, we (Todd) drank too much and was not feeling well the next day. The Aussies really like their liquor, especially wine with dinner. Most restaurants here are BYO (bring your own), so everyone always has wine with dinner at restaurants.
Sorry no new pics today :( We haven't been on any new adventures and we've posted up all the photos of Brisbane already... there's not much of a city to see.
3 comments:
Tig, was it vanilla vodka, by any chance? Have you acquired an allergy to Stoli?
It seemed to make you quite sick last time...
F P B!!!
unkaJ
UnkaJ finally claims first post!!!! Well done.
Yes Tig I did hear that you were a bit under the weather on Saturday. When will they ever learn (from Blowing in the Wind) a song you likely have never heard about. When I first read the blog I thought Tig was looking for work Wee!! But I think you mean you. I hope the University Job is the one you get as that sounds interesting. It also sounds like you are nearly ready for a visit home ! I can only hope...I miss you both.
Love to you,
Mamaev
Are you guys heading back in January? Make sure you hug/squeeze/smooch all of our gorgeouso neices for us!
Post a Comment