Friday, October 27, 2006

When will it ever stop?

Well this week sure has been a busy one for me. Good news! On monday I got a phone call from a Dr. Derek Kennedy from Griffith University here in Brisbane requesting an interview with me next monday :) Yipee, the 20 hours I spent slaving away at my job application paid off. Now let's see if my week of interview preparation will pay off. I was sick for a few days at the beginning of this week so it's put me behind on my studying and the rest of this week I have basically been chained to the desk and computer reading Dr. Kennedy's scientific publications, and he has A LOT of them! Now that I am finished studying for school, I am still studying to try to get a job and once I get a job I will be still studying at work. Boy the fun never stops in science. So back to the grind for me, after being sick this week, I have to catch up on my reading this weekend... no rest for the wicked. Hopefully I will be able to post that I have a job soon! Keep your fingers crossed for me.

This is where I will be ALL weekend while the rest of you are out having fun :(

Lucky for me Todd is going to Noosa for a conference next week so I will be tagging along and enjoynig the sun, surf and sand while he's working hard :)

And I will leave you here with some random pictures of Brisbane:

Crazy big ass mass of trees in the middle of the city.


Some little and some big lizards that like to suntan on the walking/running path down by the river and scare the crap out of me everytime I'm running and almost stomp on them.

Possums that come out and dig through garbage at night.
The Aussie equivalent of our racoons.

3 comments:

Clan Mussellam said...

FIRST POST BEEYATCH

Love the pics, Yay for the possible job op! Sorry it sucks to be studying all the time could be worse... hmm sick you say... hmmm me wonders why you have fallen ill... stomach troubles??? feeling nauseous?? perhaps another freakishly toed new one to join our fam?

hey.. i'm just planting the seed for mom.. tig, hope you planted one too!!! hahahaha

Rowena said...

Nope sorry, pretty sure it's not that kind of sickness. Just the usual boring sore throat, stuffy nose kind of sick... although, maybe we could get some visitors down here if I did have....... but neither Todd nor I have freakish toes/feet like Brodie, so our little one would just have normal feet :p

gummaluvvy said...

No it is a freak of genetics and your child WILL have the long (hairy) toes on impossibly small feet. I love you and miss you and will think white energy on Sunday (your Monday)
Loves ya
mamaev